Facelift vs Fillers: Which One Is Right For Me?
As time goes on, it’s natural to look for ways to fight the effects of aging and gravity. It can be difficult to know where to start, however, without the help of a board-certified plastic surgeon. There are a few ways you can achieve transformative results with two of the most popular facial rejuvenation options – but it’s important to know which one is best for you. Here’s what to know about two options you’ve likely heard of (dermal fillers and the facelift) and which one can help you achieve your goals.
Facelift surgery is also known as rhytidectomy, a cosmetic surgery that reverses aging signs, giving the face a more youthful and attractive appearance. It can lift and tighten sagging skin and tissues for a more youthful look. Rhytids are facial lines: rhytidectomy is a procedure that removes facial lines
Berman Plastic Surgery & Spa, owned by Jonathan R. Berman, ranks among the top concierge plastic surgery practices in Boca Raton, Florida. Dr. Berman is a double board-certified plastic surgeon with over 30 years of experience. His seasoned experience in the industry makes him one of the best facelift surgeons in Florida.
As facelift techniques continue evolving, selecting the ideal plastic surgeon is critical in getting your desired results. They can achieve artful results with a safe and low-risk procedure while helping you learn what steps to take in enjoying your results for the long term.
During your consultation with Dr. Berman, you’ll discuss whether the facelift is right for you. Good facelift candidates usually fit these categories:
- Skin elasticity: Your skin should still have some natural elasticity to benefit from a facelift. This makes it easier to conform to new contours.
- Facial Volume: as you age the facial bone structure shrinks and the fat content of the facial skin and moisture content of the skin wanes as well. Ask you mother or father if they are as tall today as they were 10 years ago. I suspect that they probably have “shrunken” a little. The vertebral column and spinal discs all shrink in volume. Its like the difference between a double stuff oreo cookie and a wafer thin oreo cookie.
- Distinctive bone structure: Having a distinct facial bone structure helps to achieve positive results. That’s because well-defined bone structures prolong the facelift’s effects. Those with less distinctive facial structures can consider adding facial implants for best results.
- Being healthy: A positive surgical outcome requires overall good health to reduce the risk of complications. You should have healthy habits in place and be nonsmoking before considering surgery.
Injectable dermal fillers are gel-like soft tissue products used to enhance one’s natural facial contours. Fat can be used as fillers as well. Dermal fillers like the Restylane or Juvederm products are most commonly used on the face, but can also be performed on other areas like the hands or butt. When used together with other injectable treatments, these minimally invasive fat transfer procedures or non-surgical facial rejuvenation is called a liquid facelift or chemical facelift.
Dermal fillers are less invasive than surgery. This means they’re more accessible to people looking to boost their look without downtime. There are a huge variety of fillers available, and together with Dr. Berman you can select the specific ones that fit your goals and treatment areas.
Dermal fillers provide the best alternative for patients hoping to avoid going under the knife. Additionally, you should meet these criteria:
- Not committed to a permanent surgery: The effects for dermal fillers last for half a year to about two years. As a result, the procedure is ideal for individuals that do not want permanent surgery in the immediate future.
- Seeking treatment for premature aging: Most dermal filler patients are younger than facelift patients. This is because fillers can be less transformative, so they’re best for treating the beginning signs of aging.
- Looking for quicker results: Dermal fillers provide positive results after a single treatment. A facelift, on the other hand, can require one to two weeks of downtime.
The best way to learn more about the right facial rejuvenation options for you is by meeting with a board-certified plastic surgeon. To get started, we invite you to contact Berman Plastic Surgery by calling or filling out our online form.
Dr. Jonathan Ross Berman is a Boca Raton plastic surgeon who has been certified by both the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology / Head and Neck Surgery with over 30 years of service experience specializing in Breast Augmentation, Rhinoplasty, Face Lift, Liposuction, and many other types of plastic surgery in Boca Raton, FL.