Plastic Surgery Board Certification
in Boca Raton
First of all, Board Certification is important. Here are some questions to ask yourself when considering a plastic surgeon
- Which board certification has the doctor performing your cosmetic/plastic procedure obtained?
- Are “Plastic Surgeon” and “Cosmetic Surgeon” interchangeable terms?
- Are all cosmetic surgeons plastic surgeons? Are all plastic surgeons cosmetic surgeons?
- Cosmetic surgery allows an individual to invest in his or her personal well-being. If this is an investment, then consider spending a proper amount of time to select a highly skilled board certified Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in Boca Raton to perform your procedure. You wouldn’t give your hard-earned money to any investment advisor, would you? You would do some research to select the right person. The same can be said for choosing the doctor to perform the procedure that you want.
- When you talk about having a facelift, breast augmentation, tummy tuck, or rhinoplasty here in Boca Raton, you may refer to the doctor as a “cosmetic surgeon” or a “plastic surgeon.” Although these terms are often used interchangeably, there is an ocean of difference between a cosmetic surgeon and a board certified plastic surgeon. One cannot call themselves a “plastic surgeon” without completing the appropriate training and board certification specific to the Plastic Surgery specialty.
- Any doctor can perform cosmetic surgery or procedures – dermatologists, gynecologists, family practice, and internists. There are many dentists, oral surgeons, and even nurse practitioners who perform many of these procedures. These providers have not received the specialized training that not only can impact the desired result, but also the overall safety of the procedure and patient. Most of us want the best aesthetic result we can get. So why not put yourself in the hands of an expert?
It is worthwhile, then, to take the time to educate yourself about this difference! Many folks don’t do their homework or due diligence in these matters, and when they undergo the discussed procedure, might have a less than favorable outcome and be unhappy with the results. Caveat Emptor! Let the buyer beware. It is my opinion that all practitioners should display their qualifications, training, board certifications, experience, and before-and-after photographs of patients they have treated.
With readily available internet access and simple web surfing, it is often quite simple to learn about your doctor’s qualifications, training, experience, and board certifications. This is just some of the easy homework!
Dr. Jonathan Berman is delighted to share information about his training, years and experience in practice, society memberships, as well as his board certifications. You can set up an appointment for a consultation to discuss your aesthetic interests. As a board-certified Boca Raton plastic surgeon, Dr. Berman has received many years of plastic surgery training and met rigorous standards for board certification and re-certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS), the only board sanctioned by the American Board of Medical Specialties (the all-encompassing board that supervises 24 medical specialty boards)to certify doctors for their plastic surgery expertise.
Dr. Jonathan Berman is unique in that he is a double board-certified plastic surgeon in Boca Raton. This means:
- Bachelor of Science from Yale College(Unversity)
- Medical Degree from SUNY-Downstate School of Medicine(State University of New York)
- 1 Year of Surgical Internship
- 4 Years of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery Residency passing written and oral examinations in the specialty of ENT
- Board Certification by the American Academy Of Otolaryngology / Head and Neck Surgery
- 2 Years of specialized Plastic Surgery residency passing written and oral examinations in the specialty of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Board Certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery passing a rigorous peer review process to gain entry to the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
So, perhaps a practitioner says that he or she is Board Certified. A “board” can be any group of physicians who valuate skill set of other physicians. Not all boards demand the same skill set, knowledge level, technical expertise as others. For example, the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery is not recognized as a board by the American Board of Medical Specialties as is the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Board-certified plastic surgeons have been certified as proficient in a variety of cosmetic and reconstructive surgery techniques and have received special training in functional and aesthetic repair of body structures. They have undergone a plastic surgery residency that spans 5-6 years and some of us have also received additional fellowship training.
Choosing a board-certified Boca Raton plastic surgeon like Dr. Berman is the thoughtful and intelligent way to ensure that you will have a highly skilled, trained, and educated doctor to perform your procedure. His 25 years of practice experience guarantees that your care will be of the best quality. His memberships in the Aesthetic Society and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons enables his interaction with the best in the business of plastic surgery. He attends meetings of both societies to glean the latest, greatest and best procedures to offer his patients.
At Berman Plastic Surgery in Boca Raton, we see patients from places as far away as Dubai, and as near as Boca Raton. Our practice has been serving plastic surgery patients from the Palm Beaches, Delray Beach, Boynton Beach, Boca Raton, Miami, Pompano, Coral Springs, and Fort Lauderdale for over 20 years. Please check us out online or give us a call at 561-235-3208. You will be glad you made the call!