Plastic Surgery Procedures That Men Want
When it comes to plastic surgery, most people think it’s about women enhancing their physical features to look and feel their best. However, according to new statistics from the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, more men than ever have been opting for surgical procedures, subtly enhancing their features as well!
Over the past five years, male cosmetic procedures have risen 43 percent nationally. So, what procedures are men opting for the most? Here are some of the top procedures men are seeking in Boca Raton, Florida.
• Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery) – Eyelid rejuvenation is helpful for men with sagging eyelids or puffy excess skin under the eyes. These characteristics may make men appear older, more tired, or more upset than they actually are. Fortunately, blepharoplasty restores the upper eyelids for a more alert appearance. Combined with lower lid rejuvenation, and skin and muscle tightening, this procedure is bound to refresh any worn down features.
• Rhinoplasty (Nose Surgery) – Having proportional facial characteristics is essential for most individuals, including men. If you are unhappy with the shape of your nose, rhinoplasty or nose surgery can help achieve a nose that blends harmoniously with the rest of your features.
• Chin Augmentation – A well-defined chin can portray a masculine appearance. So, if a man has a short or weak jawline, he may consider chin augmentation for a more prominent chin structure.
• Liposuction – Just like women, men would like to sculpt their body and remove stubborn pockets of fat that are resistant to diet and exercise. With liposuction, muscle definition and a toned body are much easier to achieve.
• Gynecomastia (Male Breast Reduction) – This procedure is specifically for men that have gynecomastia, or a common medical condition where excess fat and skin develop for a breast-like appearance. This condition may be discomforting for a man of any age, even in their teenage or young adult years. Gynecomastia is corrected through available liposuction techniques to sculpt and chisel a newly contoured and masculine chest.
• Non-Surgical Rejuvenation Treatments – Like women, men begin to show signs of aging through wrinkles caused by repetitive facial muscle contractions or loss of volume and vital building structures of healthy skin. Injectable treatments, including Botox®, Juvéderm®, and Restylane®, can help smooth away fine lines, wrinkles and restore volume without the need of surgery. Injection treatments are excellent for working men who need a “lunchtime” solution, since each session typically lasts about 15 minutes with no downtime required!
The evolution of plastic surgery caters to men and women alike, providing only natural-looking results. It has been a few years since plastic surgery has been exclusive to women-only, and with more education and mainstream media attention, more men than ever want to reap the benefits of these life-changing procedures. Contact Dr. Berman today to schedule your consultation.