Rhinoplasty Without Surgery? Yes, We Can!
Because I’m both a board certified plastic surgeon and a board certified Otolaryngology/Face & Neck surgeon, I’ve done hundreds, if not thousands, of rhinoplasty procedures. People are ecstatic to have a nose that pleases them, and that fits their facial features. However, occasionally a patient’s nose deformity can be addressed with a non-surgical rhinoplasty, which uses fillers, such as Restylane® or Juvéderm®, instead of surgery.
What is Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty?
Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty, also called Injection Rhinoplasty, is an alternative to surgical rhinoplasty for certain patients. Instead of surgery, dermal fillers are used to make corrections. However, unlike surgical rhinoplasty, it is not a permanent solution, as injectable fillers last only 6-9 months, on average, so the procedure must be repeated each time the effects wear off in order to maintain correction.
Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty Can Do The Following:
- Fill a depressed area in the nose, where a bit of filler can “even out” the surface
- Increase the projection of the tip of the nose
- Increase the height and definition of the nasal bridge
- Decrease the perception of a bump or curve on the nose
- Balance asymmetrical nostrils
- In some cases, it can correct functional problems such as breathing difficulties
Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty Cannot Do the Following:
- Eliminate a large hump in the nose
- Make the nose smaller
- Fix a deviated septum
The Benefits of Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty
- Avoids surgery, general anesthesia, nasal packing and splinting
- Eliminates discomfort: There is virtually no pain, bruising or swelling.
- No recovery time is needed
- Costs substantially less than surgical rhinoplasty
- Results are immediate
How Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty is Performed
Non-surgical rhinoplasty is performed in our Boca Raton surgery office. Topical numbing cream is applied to the nose. Using a blunt tip cannula, Dr. Berman injects Restylane® or Juvéderm® into the areas to be corrected. The combination of numbing cream and the use of the blunt tip cannula makes the experience quite comfortable. As Dr. Berman makes his corrections, you are wide awake and can see the changes as they happen. Want a bit more adjustment? Just ask! Following the injections, you will be given an ice back to minimize any potential swelling, which dissipates quite rapidly. You can immediately see the results and go back to your day’s activities!
Dr. Jonathan Ross Berman is a Boca Raton plastic surgeon who has been certified by both the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology / Head and Neck Surgery with over 30 years of service experience specializing in Breast Augmentation, Rhinoplasty, Face Lift, Liposuction, and many other types of plastic surgery in Boca Raton, FL.